Vision & Mission
ABOUT NEC BUSINESS INCUBATION
NEC, the most prominent landmark of Kovilpatti, has been the crowning glory of this Matchless City of Matches. Its celebrated ‘Son of the Soil’ Thiru.K.Ramasamy transformed the entire social and cultural scenario in and around this small town by establishing the excellent educational institution popularly referred as “NEC”. By wielding the magical wand of social commitment and munificence this foresighted philanthropist transformed a strip of barren land into a magnificent academic complex that has been consistently producing infallible engineers of high competence right from the day of its inception in 1984. This much-acclaimed temple of erudition was established under the self-financing scheme sanctioned by the Government of Tamilnadu G.O. No. 939 dated 20.07.1984 by the National Educational and Charitable Trust, Kovilpatti, Thoothukudi district.
To create a result driven environment for stimulating growth in business and economic development in the southern region of Tamilnadu through Incubation.
To simulate entrepreneurial spirit & innovation promotion among the students and the local community for the successful development of new businesses and employment generation in specific sectors that are aligned with the unique opportunity of this region
To create a conducive environment and to provide necessary support and services to our students to start their own business after their graduation
- To cultivate Entrepreneurial culture in NEC campus and among the community.
- To assist in the formation both technology and non technology driven business and to aid in their successful development.
- To position NEC and the community to take advantage of the new business opportunities
- To provide experiential learning opportunities and internships for students and faculty that will complement programs on campus.
- To create jobs for graduating students.
- To create good paying jobs in the community.
- To expand the opportunities for NEC to partner and engage with the community.