Scope & Support
NEC-Business Incubation Center (NEC-BIC) can provide a conducive atmosphere where small businesses can grow and prosper in a socially backward place, located at Madurai-Tirunelveli highway which is well connected through air, rail and road. It is proxy to smart cities Tuticorin and Madurai which have been recently approved by the Govt. of India,New Delhi and have more scope for development in infracture, Industrial and agricultural developements. In addition, as per CII and other associations around Rs. 33735 Crore is going to be invested in various Infrastructure projects to nurture and develop young Entrepreneurs in Technology and Non Technology field along this corridor. This approach will be a Key source for Entrepreneurship and business start-ups to grow in this region.
In this context,the large infrastructure facilities in R&D is established at NEC to support and motivate the young researchers, who can promote the commercial research culture through the strong venture of the Institute – Industry Tag for Make-in-India. In addition, NEC could provide the appropriate infrastructure for computer technology and telecommunications as well as training to these potential tenants (Start-ups).
Further , the NEC –BI is ready to nurture successful indigenous technologies and growth oriented entrepreneurs/enterprises who can contribute to the economic growth of this region and the community to make both Tamil Nadu and India Gl;obally Visible. NEC is reputed for its huge network of successful domain experts, academicians and experienced professionals who can share their technical experience in harning the skill of product development. This can be visible through the presence of our alumni in various reputed organizations, academic institutions and as an entrepreneur throughout the globe. Now,NEC is also ready to serve both non- technology and technology businesses. This, in turn, may help with faculty and student recruitment, and retention of graduates in the community.Further, it expands the opportunities for NEC to partner and engage with the community for further development of rural society.
- To cultivate Entrepreneurial culture in NEC campus and among the community.
- To assist in the formation both technology and non technology driven business and to aid in their successful development.
- To position NEC and the community to take advantage of the new business opportunities
- To provide experiential learning opportunities and internships for students and faculty that will complement programs on campus.
- To create jobs for graduating students.
- To create good paying jobs in the community.
- To expand the opportunities for NEC to partner and engage with the community.